Have you ever wondered how to take a screen shot using the Windows Snipping Tool while a menu is open? You have probably noticed that a mouse hovered menu will disappear when you engage the snipping tool.
So… How do you do it?
It is actually an easy thing to do and I am going to give you the quick and dirty way to do it.
First off, pin the snipping tool to the task bar. This will make it readily available anytime you need it.
Here is the step-by-step guide:
- Click the snipping tool icon
- After the screen fades a bit select the Esc key
- Hover over the menu that you would like to screenshot
- Select Ctrl + PrtSc at the same time and the screen will fade again
- Navigate to the snipping tool box that is already open and select New
- A drop down menu appears
- Select your style to capture (default is rectangular)
That is it! You will end up with a screenshot like this one…